Thursday, April 7, 2011

Emotional Baking

I had a bit of a craving for something sweet this weekend - and not in the "a cinnamon bun would be a nice treat" kind of way... 

I had it bad for cinnamon buns (plural). I couldn't get them off my mind and eventually broke down and made some.

There is a great episode (among so many) of That 70s Show where Kitty (the mother) can't stop baking after a funeral for Red's mother - At one point, as she is running around, exhausted and looking like a mess, she breaks down crying when there isn't any flour left. 

Thank goodness I had enough flour this weekend.

The best (non homemade) cinnamon buns I've ever had were from our local ski hill a few years back. They were huge, gooey, and warm - I wonder if they still have them and how long it would take to get up there, pick some up, and get home again...

My favorite Cinnamon Bun recipe is Clone of a Cinnabon from All Recipes. There are lots of other good options out there, but I always find myself coming back to this one.

If you like a very gooey cinnamon-y bun you HAVE TO invert them - as soon as they come out of the oven, flip them upside down (on another pan) so all the 'drippings' can soak back through them.

Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment